February 7, 2012

Funny or offensive?

I consider myself open minded. I am liberal with most stuff. Some of my views are conservative but I try very hard to not shove that down someones throat.
When I first met Chad,my husband 14 years ago one thing that I fell in love with him was his non judgment of anyone. Race, weight, politics, all that. I can say honestly that is still one thing about him that makes my heart flutter. Its a trait I have a trait he has and one I sure wish we as a nation had. But we dont and behind close doors folks it sure shows.

Now before I get going I wont lie, I am bold and blunt but first to admit I am uper sensitve and take things too personal. But this stuff bugs me bad and it does Chad too even though he is less vocal about it.

When is a joke or an innocent comment taken too far? I mean I hear it daily, mostly about black people and I am sorry it offends me. My sister in law is bi racial my nieces are bi racial and my best friend who is like family to me is married to a black man and they have 3 bi racial beautiful children. I love them very much and when I am around that and hear innocent jokes I get defensive and I want to remove myself from the situation. It bothers Chad too and I am the more vocal one so I get my daggers out and want to say listen thats not funny.

Is it innocent? I mean really would this people make the same comments if a black person was in the room. I truly think not. I love this comment, oh I am not racist, then you are with them and boom the N word is said and its the funniest thing ever to them. I truly think no one should speak that word. But sorry as white people that word is racist, so in my mind when you say it in a joke or not, you are in that category. I dont dig that and wont choose to be around that. I know we are in 2012 and its freedom of speech but hatred infruiates me.

My feelings about these jokes just dont stop at the color of someones skin. I dont like the gay jokes, the fat jokes, the mentally challenged jokes,they are just not funny. It hurts, and its stupid. I see it more daily and I dont know why people feel they can just say it behind closed doors. Like as long as you are behind your closed doors its ok. No its not, that just makes you a coward. I love closet haters the best. They go to church, live what seems this perfect life. But behind close doors they wear their wives panties eat poop and talk about all of society that isnt ideal to them.

It is what it is, I know that but it hurts me and I sure wish one day it would go away. But I am not dumb its only going to get worse. Its sad, what these closet haters just might pass down to their kids if they have them.

As I write this blog I am taken back a few years ago at therapy. Chad and I are in there and my therapist asks both of us to name one trait we love about each other. Chad said the way Lisa has sympathy for all people and events even if they do bad. I said the way Chad doesnt judge anyone. I can openly say that 3 years later that is our same answer. I dont know how anyone can be ok with thinking speaking etc. that way , but knowing me, my husband and my son Tyler dont do that is all I need to know.

Too bad thats 3 out of a zillion.

No comments:

Post a Comment